By Robert Haile
Two of Cumbria’s national triple’s winners have been selected to represent England at the British Isles Internationals in Scotland.
Kevin Harrison and Stuart Irwin of Aspatria Bowling Club have been included in the 22 men’s team who will head to Ayr, Scotland.
Stuart Irwin said: “Its great achievement that everyone playing bowls at a young age dreams of.
“Me, now at 40, have finally achieved it, so I would say to anyone keep chasing what ever your age.
“It also feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders after so many years trying.”
Kevin Harrison added: “It’s an absolute honour to receive my first senior call up for the England team and I’m really looking forward to the British Isles Championships where we will be competing in the triples and now also part of the men’s international Series in Ayr.”
Their selection comes after a Senior Squad Day on Saturday, May 20, at Victoria Park, Royal Leamington Spa the site of their Triples success where the pair with Mark Irwin beat Derbyshire 10-14.
READ MORE: Cumbria Claim Mens Triples National Championship Title
The international competition takes place over the weekend with the first games on Friday, June 30, and finishes on Sunday, July 2, where England will face Scotland, Ireland, Jersey and Wales.
The 22 players will be split into two teams of 11 and then compete over the full range of bowls disciplines with singles, pairs, triples and fours.
Men’s England Team
- Team Manager – Kirk Smith (Buckinghamshire)
- Lewis Baker (Huntingdonshire)
- Nick Brett (Huntingdonshire)
- Lee Calver (Suffolk)
- Joe Dawson (Leicestershire)
- Harry Goodwin (Kent)
- James Hampton (Devon)
- Kevin Harrison (Cumbria)
- Lee Haywood (Devon)
- Perry Martin (Hampshire)
- Stuart Irwin (Cumbria)
- Tom McGuinness (Buckinghamshire)
- Steve Mitchinson (Essex)
- Ed Morris (Essex)
- Tristan Morton (Huntingdonshire)
- Ben Paulley (Hampshire)
- Mark Read (Cornwall)
- Louis Ridout (Devon)
- Charlie Souter (Surrey)
- Jamie Walker (Devon)
- Andrew Walters (Warwickshire)
- Wayne Willgress (Norfolk)
- Chris Yeomans (Northumberland)
- Non-Travelling Players (Men’s Senior Squad)
- Nathan Kitchen (Gloucestershire)
- Jordan Philpott (Lincolnshire)
- Ryan Whitlock (Devon)
- Sam Tolchard (Devon) has not made himself available for selection.
Women’s England Team
- Team Manager – Sandy Hazell (Kent)
- Vicky Bayliss (Buckinghamshire)
- Stef Branfield (Somerset)
- Michelle Coleman (Huntingdonshire)
- Emma Cooper (Devon)
- Paige Dennis (Kent)
- Annie Dunham (Lincolnshire)
- Emily Ferguson (Kent)
- Katherine Hawes-Watts (Oxfordshire)
- Ruby Hill (Lincolnshire)
- Laura Holden (Somerset)
- Wendy King (Kent)
- Lorraine Kuhler (Oxfordshire)
- Jamie-Lea Marshall (Leicestershire)
- Morgan Merryweather (Berkshire)
- Rebecca Moorbey (Huntingdonshire)
- Amy Pharaoh (Lincolnshire)
- Katherine Rednall (Norfolk)
- Kirsty Richards (Warwickshire)
- Nicole Rogers (Devon)
- Harriet Stevens (Devon)
- Sophie Tolchard (Devon)
- Rebecca Wigfield (Northamptonshire)
- Non-Travelling Players (Women’s Senior Squad)
- Chloe Brett (Huntingdonshire)
- Steph Crates (Kent)
- Debbie Seward (Worcestershire)
- Sian Honnor (Kent) has not made herself available for selection.