By Robert Haile
The North West Women’s Regional Leagues has new leaders in two of its three divisions.
There is a change at the top in the Premier Division after the matches on Sunday November 6.
Former table toppers Cheadle Town had an unhappy trip to Tranmere Rovers where a 1-0 defeat while FC United’s 5-0 victory over Crewe Alexandra moved them top of the table and two points clear.
Curzon Ashton jump up to third after a 1-5 win away at Salford City who drop to fourth Blackburn Community Sports Club sit five points off top after a 1-2 at Darwen FC.
There were two postponed games as Fleetwood Wrens trip to Mossley Hill Athletic and Wigan Athletic’s match with West Didsbury & Chorlton.
Three matches on Remembrance Sunday, November 13 with Curzon Ashton facing last weekends opponents Salford City, Mossley Hill and Wigan Athletic will try again after their last postponement in October and West Didsbury host Blackburn.
All three matches are a 2pm (14:00) kickoff.
Premier Division Results
Darwen FC 1-2 Blackburn Community Sports Club
FC United of Manchester 5-0 Crewe Alexandra
Salford CityLionesses 1-5 Curzon Ashton
Tranmere Rovers 1-0 Cheadle Town Stingers
Mossley Hill Athletic P-P Fleetwood Town Wrens
Wigan Athletic P-P West Didsbury & Chorlton
Premier Division League Table
- FC United of Manchester Women – 18
- Cheadle Town Stingers – 16
- Curzon Ashton FC Women – 15
- Salford City FC Lionesses Women – 14
- Blackburn Community Sports Club Women – 13
- Tranmere Rovers Women – 13
- Fleetwood Town Wrens Ladies – 13
- West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC Women – 5
- Crewe Alexander FC Women – 4
- Darwen FC First Women – 3
- Mossley Hill Athletic First Ladies – 2
- Wigan Athletic Ladies & Girls Women – 0
In Division One North Haslingden stayed top with an 8-0 win over Sir Ton Finney on Sunday November 6 as Blackpool picked up a 0-2 win away at Workington Reds.
Bolton Wanderers lost 1-2 to Chorley Women while Morecambe picked up their second win with a 2-0 victory over Carlisle United.
Penrith AFC and Accrington Stanley shared the points with a 2-2 draw and Preston North End trip to Penwortham Town was postponed.
Only four games on November 13 with Penrith AFC facing Stockport County in the FA Cup.
It is a top of the table clash as Haslingden face Blackpool who could go top on goal difference if they win.
Both Cumbrian sides are at home as Carlisle United welcome Penwortham Town while Workington Reds host Chorley Women as Sir Tom Finney take on Accrington Stanley.
All matches are a 2pm (14:00) kickoff.
Division One North Results
Blackpool FC Girls and Ladies 2-0 Workington Reds Ladies
Bolton Wanderers Girls FC Women 1-2 Chorley Women FC Development
Haslingden Ladies and Girls 8-0 Sir Tom Finney FC Women
Morecambe Women 2-0 Carlisle United
Penrith AFC Ladies 2-2 Accrington Stanley Women FC
Preston North End Women FC P-P Penwortham Town Ladies
Division One North League Table
- Haslingden Ladies and Girls – 21
- Blackpool FC Girls and Ladies – 18
- Accrington Stanley Women FC – 15
- Penrith AFC Ladies – 11
- Preston North End Women FC – 10
- Penwortham Town Ladies – 10
- Carlisle United Ladies – 7
- Chorley Women FC Development – 6
- Morecambe Women – 6
- Workington Reds Ladies – 5
- Sir Tom Finney FC Women – 5
- Bolton Wanderers Girls FC Women – 4
In Division One South only three of the four matches on Sunday November 6 were played with third placed Runcorn Linnets 1-3 win at Altrincham putting them a point behind table toppers Bury FC.
Fourth placed Warrington Wolves are five points behind the top three after their 2-2 draw with Wythenshawe Amateurs.
Northwich Vixens swapped places with BRNESC after a 3-2 win and Chester’s match with Hindley Juniors was postponed.
There are five matches scheduled for November 13 as Bury FC host Alder FC, Chester face Poulton Vics and Northwich Vixens welcome Runcorn Linnets.
BRNESC take on Altrincham while bottom club Hindley Juniors head to Wythenshawe Amateurs.
All matches are a 2pm (14:00) kickoff.
Division One South Results
Altrincham 1-3 Runcorn Linnets
Northwich Vixens 3-2 BRNESC
Warrington Wolves Foundation Womens FC 2-2 Wythenshawe Amateurs
Division One South League Table
- Bury AFC Women – 19
- Poulton Vics FC Ladies – 18
- Runcorn Linnets FC Ladies – 18
- Warrington Wolves Foundation Womens FC – 13
- Chester FC Women – 10
- Northwich Vixens First Women – 10
- BRNESC Ladies – 10
- Wythenshawe Amateurs Women – 7
- Alder FC Women – 6
- Altrincham FC Women – 5
- Hindley Juniors Women – 1