Police Investigating Ryan Kirkpatrick’s Death In Carlisle Appeal For Dashcam Footage

Police investigating the death of Ryan Kirkpatrick in Carlisle are urging anyone with dashcam footage who was driving in the city centre on Saturday night to come forward.

Motorists could have footage that might be relevant to the ongoing inquiry – which is the number one priority for police in north Cumbria.

Officers are keen for anyone with footage who was in the area of the following streets between 8pm and 9pm on Saturday, September 18, to make contact:

  • Carlyle’s Court
  • Fisher Street
  • Market Street
  • West Tower Street
  • Castle Way
  • Wigton Road
  • Newtown Road
  • Burgh Road

Officers were called to Carlyle’s Court in Carlisle city centre at 8.48pm on Saturday following a report that a man had been stabbed.

Despite the best efforts of first responders and medical staff, the 24-year-old from Carlisle, was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Detective Chief Superintendent Dean Holden said: “Any evidence – no matter how seemingly insignificant – could be important for us as we aim to get justice for Ryan’s grieving family.

“This happened on a Saturday night. People could have been picking friends and relatives up after being out in the city centre or could have just been out for a drive.

“Please, if you were in that area and you have footage, we want you to get in touch at the links or numbers provided below.

“This case remains our number one priority in north Cumbria.

“A Major Incident Room has been set-up and a team of at least 60 dedicated officers are working on the case, with other specialist teams being drafted in according to need.”

A number of arrests have been made but officers are still seeking other individuals suspected of being involved in the incident.

Det Chief Supt Holden added: “We believe there must be people out there who have information.

“We also believe there may be people who have even helped those involved.

“This was a targeted attack against a man who had previous issues with the assailants.

“We believe there were two primary attackers who had their faces hidden.”

Det Chief Supt Holden thanked those members of the public who have helped the inquiry so far.

He added: “We still need people to come forward if they know anything about this incident or have seen any part of the attack or have information that could help.

“At the time, there must have been dozens of people in this area.

“We will continue to respond robustly to all information we receive and if we believe there is the possibility someone has been involved they can expect a visit from our officers.

“People may see an increased police presence in and around the city as we respond to lines of enquiry.

“We continue to appeal for people to come forward with any information. Anybody who does come forward will have our support.”

Anyone with information can submit this here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/0301020118N53-PO1

You can also call 101.

Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers, completely anonymously, on 0800 555 111.