FIFA 23 sits top of the UK gaming chart with Nintendo’s Splatoon 3 in second as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe swaps places with LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga in third and fourth with Nintendo Switch Sports holding on to fifth.
After 30 years this is the last FIFA game to be produced by Electronic Arts (EA) and made a major step forward by including Women’s Football, although it is only the English Super League and French Division 1 more are thought to be coming.
After being dethroned by the football simulator Splatoon 3 holds onto second place as the third person paint shooter continues to hold Nintendo users attention after setting a new record in Japan, fastest selling of all time.
Another Nintendo title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, has the everlasting Mario making the pass into third with Luigi, Peach, Bowser not far behind as the crazy racing game that uses banana skins, fire balls and even turtle shells to help players reach the top step of the podium.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga brings all nine films together and gives them the Lego treatment of humour and LEGO pieces.
A third title in the top five for Nintendo as their own Switch Sports in which players actively take part in Football, Volleyball, Bowling, Tennis, Badminton, Chambara (swordplay) and eventually Golf.
Five games return to the top forty as with two entering the top ten as NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition slides into sixth and No Man’s Sky sneaks in at ninth.
A third Lego game comes into the list with LEGO Jurassic World in 32 joining LEGO Harry Potter Collection at 21.
Cyberpunk 2077 at 35 and Just Dance 2022 in 39 complete the returning entries.
- FIFA 23 – Last Week 1
- SPLATOON 3 – Last Week 2
- MARIO KART 8 DELUXE – Last Week 4
- LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA – Last Week 3
- NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTS – Last Week 5
- NIER AUTOMATA: GAME OF THE YORHA EDITION
- MINECRAFT NINTENDO – Last Week 6
- GRAND THEFT AUTO V TAKE 2 – Last Week 7
- NO MAN’S SKY
- POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS – Last Week 9
- ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS – Last Week 8
- POKEMON SHINING PEARL – Last Week 12
- KIRBY AND THE FORGOTTEN LAND – Last Week 21
- CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARD – Last Week 10
- GRAN TURISMO 7 – Last Week 14
- MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE – Last Week 15
- F1 22 – Last Week 28
- SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER’S FURY – Last Week 18
- NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE – Last Week 26
- NICKELODEON KART RACERS – Last Week 40
- LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION – Last Week 30
- MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARS – Last Week 16
- THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD – Last Week 23
- NBA 2K23 TAKE 2 – Last Week 13
- SAINTS ROW DEEP SILVER – Last Week 19
- RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TAKE 2 – Last Week 32
- GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE TRILOGY – THE DEFINITIVE EDITION TAKE 2 – Last Week 38
- HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST – Last Week 24
- SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY – Last Week 27
- LUIGI’S MANSION 3 – Last Week 35
- SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY – Last Week 37
- LEGO JURASSIC WORLD
- RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITION – Last Week 39
- THE LAST OF US PART I – Last Week 22
- CYBERPUNK 2077
- POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND – Last Week 31
- MARIO STRIKERS: BATTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALL – Last Week 34
- ASSASSIN’S CREED VALHALLA – Last Week 40
- JUST DANCE 2022
- STRAY – Last Week 29
The chart compiled by GfK a market research firm.