Jigsaw Children’s Hospice Say Thank You As Donations In Memory Of Jordan Reach £4000

Jigsaw Children’s Hospice say thank you to the family of Jordan Mossom who launch fundraising appeal in his memory for the hospice after 12 years of support and those who have donated.

Jordan’s mum Clare said: “I would love everyone around Cumbria to realise there is this incredible place called Jigsaw, that it is Cumbria’s children’s hospice, and it is there to help people, so we need everyone to support it.

“Jigsaw was like a home from home for us and the support they gave us as a family was brilliant but not everyone know about it so we want to help make more people aware of it and how important it is to have a facility like this in Cumbria.”

Jordan, who was from Maryport in west Cumbria, passed away on April 2 and was a well-known photographer and railway enthusiast.

He gained a degree in Photography at the University of Cumbria, aged 23.

For his final major project, titled ‘Daytime Disability’, Jordan showed a biographical look at his day-to-day life with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.

Throughout his life he worked extremely hard to raise awareness of his condition, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.

He attended Jigsaw, which is based in Durdar Road, Carlisle, for many years and the charity also offered to support to his wider family, including mum Clare O’Brien, sisters Olivia and Hannah and brother Kieran. 

An online fundraiser for Jigsaw, the only children’s hospice in the county, has been set up by Jordan’s family as a way of giving back to the charity which supported them for more than 12 years.

Hannah, who was set up the online giving page, said: “We have decided to raise money for Jigsaw, Cumbria’s Children’s Hospice, something which Jordan would want to give back to.

“We are incredibly grateful for their amazing work and all of the happy memories Jordan has made there.”

As of Tuesday, April 19, the appeal at www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-jordan-mossom has raised a total of £4,097.

The money raised will be vital in helping the incredible Jigsaw staff continue to offer love, care and support to babies, children and young people, as well as their families from all corners of Cumbria.

The charity only receives around 25 per cent of the funding it needs to operate each year from the NHS, leaving the organisation needing to raise the other 75 per cent itself, meaning donations from the community are vital in helping to secure the charity’s future. 

Any funding received not only supports providing expert clinical care for children and young people in the Jigsaw building, but also helps families to make memories which will last a lifetime. 

As well as raising money for Jigsaw, Jordan’s family hope the appeal raises vital awareness of the charity within Cumbria and beyond. 

Kate Allison, Team Lead at Jigsaw, said: “Jordan was a special young man who brightened up Jigsaw every time he visited us.

“It is incredible to see how much money has been raised in memory of Jordan so far and we want to thank his family for choosing to raise money for us and spreading the word about everything Jigsaw offers children and young people who have life limiting illnesses and their families.

“Thank you to everyone who has donated to the fundraiser, the money will be huge help in supporting us to continue offering care to other children and young people as we need to raise £2,126.46 to pay for all our care services for one whole day.”

Everyone from Jigsaw, Cumbria’s Children’s Hospice would like to thank all those who have donated so far to a fundraiser in memory of Jordan Mossom, a much-loved and valued member of the Jigsaw family.