A multi-agency response is being prepared ahead of forecasted Storm Dudley and Storm Eunice which may impact the county this week.
Cumbria Local Resilience Forum has held preparatory meetings to ensure that any response is coordinated to ensure communities can access any help and support they require.
The Forum is on standby to deal with an major incident if needed.
Chair of the Local Resilience Forum, Superintendent Matt Pearman from Cumbria Police said: “The Cumbria Local Resilience Forum have been meeting to prepare ahead of Storm Dudley and Eunice.
“All agencies are working together to ensure that our communities have access to the help and support they may require during the storms.
“We also ask that our communities prepare themselves ahead of Dudley and Eunice and make themselves aware of the key contacts and ensure any vulnerable people within our communities are also aware and prepared.”
For the latest information and updates follow:
- Cumbria Police on twitter @CumbriaPolice or on Facebook here
- Cumbria County Council on Twitter at @CumbriaCC of on Facebook here
To report any issues or if you need help for yourself or someone vulnerable please see the following agencies contact details:
- Electricity North West on 105, but please only call if your query is urgent to help prioritise customers in the most vulnerable circumstances. For more information, please visit www.enwl.co.uk. For further updates on power cuts, you can visit www.enwl.co.uk/powercuts or you can follow Electricity North West on Twitter or Facebook.
- For water supply issues contact United Utilities on 0345 672 3723.
- Contact www.cumbria.police.uk/report-it or call 101 if you have concerns about your own safety and well-being, or the safety and well-being of someone you know. If there is an immediate risk to life call 999.
- If you wish to report a problem on the county’s roads, please report online via the County Council website: Highways | Cumbria County Council
- If you are open to Cumbria County Council’s Adult Social Care, have care and support needs and these needs cannot be met due to the power outage, please contact Adult Social Care on 0300 303 3589
- Keep up-to-date with the weather at www.metoffice.gov.uk
- For latest traffic and roads information visit www.cumbria.police.uk/traffic