The eagles rise again as Total War: ROME REMASTERED is set to be released
Feral Interactive have announced that Total War: ROME REMASTERED will release for Windows, macOS and Linux on April 29.
Created in collaboration with SEGA Europe Ltd. and Creative Assembly, this comprehensive remaster allows players to relive the legacy that defined the award-winning strategy game series thanks to a suite of visual and gameplay improvements.
Revisit a truly beloved classic as you build your empire, command ferocious battles, and conquer the ancient world like never before.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED delivers a modern gaming experience while maintaining the original Total War formula which has captivated strategy gamers for over two decades, with new and improved features such as fully overhauled visuals, ultra-high-definition resolution support, an expanded faction roster and improved accessibility, there has never been a better time to take back your empire.
“Working to remaster a classic such as Rome has been an exhilarating challenge: a bit like re-cutting the crown jewels” says David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted with the result and hope that fans of this fantastic franchise will be too.”
“What better excuse than the 20th year of Total War to revisit a grand master?” says Rob Bartholomew, Chief Product Officer at Creative Assembly, “The original release of Rome marks a special time for us as our first major break-out title; it’s amazing to get the opportunity to Remaster it with our friends at Feral.”
Total War: ROME REMASTERED Features:
- Improved Visuals: Total War: ROME REMASTERED ushers the classic strategy title into the modern gaming era with full 4K visuals, native support for ultra-high-definition resolution and overhauled environment, battlefield, and character models.
- New Gameplay Content: Wage war across new fronts with 16 previously unplayable factions to play on top of the original 22, and send the new Merchant agents on missions to establish lucrative trade networks across the map, buy out rival Merchants, and assert your empire’s economic power.
- Modern Features: Players can exercise more control than ever with new features such as a tactical map during battles, plus heat maps and icon overlays in campaign mode. Existing mechanics have also been improved, including an overhauled diplomacy system, wider camera zoom levels throughout the game, and camera rotation on the campaign map.
- Improved Help Systems: A swathe of improved support has been added, including a redesigned tutorial, a new in-game Wiki, expansive advice and tooltips, and improved accessibility for colour blind players.
- Cross-platform Multiplayer: Players can enjoy cross-platform multiplayer between Windows, macOS and Linux, a first for the Total War franchise.
- Complete Content: Total War: ROME REMASTERED includes the Barbarian Invasion and Alexander expansions in glorious new detail, and players will also gain access to the original ROME: Total War Collection (Windows only).
For a limited time, those who already own Rome: Total War on Steam can purchase Total War: ROME REMASTERED there for 50% off.