By Rachael Grealish
As many beauty salons across England we’re allowed to reopen their doors one Egremont salon has made the decision to close theirs forever, due to the impact of COVID-19.
One 2 One has had residence on Egremont Main Street for almost 30 years, but yesterday, Monday July 13, the owner, Lesley Canfield, announced its closure via social media.
On the Facebook post Lesley sited she was ‘sorry to have to make this decision’ but said the closure was ‘due to the impact of COVID-19’.
In the post Lesley wished the best to her staff and announced gift vouchers could still be used within certain times on Mondays.
Many people commented on the social media post expressing their sadness at the news.
One person said: “I am absolutely devastated to read this status.
Lesley you are a true credit to the industry a beautiful person inside and out that has built up an incredible business.”
“I can’t believe this, it is so sad, thank you for all the lovely (and some not so lovely but necessary!) treatments over the years. Good luck to all the staff,” another commented.
While a third said: “I’ve been coming to one to one since you first opened and enjoyed all the girls who have looked after me, particularly you with your very calming presence. Take care and health and happiness for the future. Thank you.”
During lockdown One 2 One still endeavoured to continue to provide treatments for customers and clients in the form of ‘letterbox facials’ where products were delivered.
Beauty salons, tattooists, spas and other close-contact businesses were given the green light to reopen on Monday, July 13, with restrictions still in place for facial treatments.
Many have chosen to reopen, but many feel the restrictions on facial treatments has been ‘unfair’.
One 2 One is not the only business to feel the sting of COVID – Claire’s, in Whitehaven announced last week it would not be reopening following lockdown.