The nominations for the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards and the British Academy Television Craft Awards 2020 have been announced.
These awards reward the very best in television craft and television programmes broadcast in the UK in 2019.
The highlights from today’s Television and Television Craft nominations are:
- 14 nominations for Chernobyl
- Seven nominations for The Crown
- Six nominations for Fleabag and Giri/Haji
- Five nominations for His Dark Materials and The Virtues
- Four nominations for Killing Eve, Sex Education and Top Boy
Sky’s original drama, Chernobyl, about the nuclear disaster in 1986 leads the way with 14 nominations.
Netflix shows The Crown (7 nominations) and Sex Education (4 nominations) lead the way for the online streaming platforms.
While all rounder Phoebe Waller-Bridge could be in for a memorable awards season as Fleabag (6 nominations) and Killing Eve (4 nominations) which Waller-Bridge wrote, while she is up for Female Performance in a Comedy Programme (Fleabag).
Fleabag is also up for the public vote for must-see moment.
The Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards ceremony will be Friday 31 July on BBC One with the British Academy Television Craft Awards taking place online on Friday 17 July.
Along with awards for each component the public are being asked to vote for their must see moment.
The nominations for the Virgin Media Must-See Moment are:
- Coronation Street: Sinead passes away
- Fleabag: Confessional scene
- Game of Thrones: Arya kills the Night King
- Gavin and Stacey: Nessa proposes to Smithy
- Line of Duty: John Corbett’s Death
- Love Island: Michael moves on from Amber
Members of the public can now vote for their favourite Must-See Moment online at virginmedia.com/bafta